Dade Partners - Overview
Miami-Dade County Public Schools is the fourth largest school system in the nation, and the third largest business operation in Florida. Managed by an elected School Board, the school system is totally independent of metropolitan and city government. The Superintendent of Schools is appointed by the School Board and is responsible for the administration of the schools that are divided among 3 regions and the Education Transformation Office. Visit the district’s website at www.dadeschools.net for more information.
Serving more than 380,000 students, the education is truly multicultural with students from more that some 120 countries, speaking over 110 different languages. With growth projected to continue, the challenge to find resources and provide industry-standard learning is certainly upon us.
The Dade Partners Program seeks to formalize relationships between schools and businesses/organizations to bring resources together to support educational success in our schools. Our mission is:
- To mobilize and channel resources into the school system, based on targeted strategic goals;
- To engage stakeholders by serving as the vehicle to foster a greater understanding of the school system and its programs;
- To provide role models for students;
- To enhance communication between Miami-Dade County Schools and the community; and
- To promote a positive environment for education and business.
- Identify a contact person to work with schools.
- Disseminate information to company.
- Coordinate activities.
- Promote the Dade Partners concept to others.
- Keep the District office informed of activities and publicity.
- Complete paperwork and keep updated.
- Identify a contact person to work with business.
- Input Dade Partners Registration information into the database WDPV in CICS – call 305/995-1857.
- Coordinate activities and events.
- Keep District office updated and informed.
- Keep records up-to-date.
- Promote Dade Partners.